Friday, January 6, 2017

Year of Seeing

God has been posing a consistent theme in my life: Seeing. The blind man. He wanted to see. Through the difficult situations in my family, I need to see things through the lens of the word. I need to see things through God's perspective.

But here is another way of seeing. He allowed me to discover a new treasure today. In 2 Kings Elisha is surrounded on all sides by the enemy. His servant is very concerned. Elisha tells his servant not to be afraid. "For there are more on our side then on theirs! "
2 Kings 6:17 says "oh Lord, open his eyes and let him see!"

When the Lord opened the servant's eyes, he saw that the hillside was filled with the Lord armies, horses and chariots of fire on their side!

What if during our darkest hours, the same was true? What if the hillside around us filled with the Lords Armies, ready to fight on our behalf? 


When I feel alone, I need only remember, He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world.

Let's look at how God sees. At the moment of Creation, God looked at what He had made and He saw that it was good. So I, too, even in the midst of a broken world, can choose to look around and see the goodness in everyone and everything, only when I filter it through the lens of the Word. Only when I ask for His perspective. Jesus IN me, live THROUGH me.

God also calls me to see His grace in the midst of suffering. To see the beauty in each day. To see the blessings in the pain. This is hard seeing. But as we keep walking instead of giving up, He shows us what those blessings are. Look hard for God and wait on Him expectantly.

We can also see today with eternity in mind. What part of the things we are worried and anxious about are really going to matter for eternity? With the death of both my parents in 2 years, I have come to understand that the only thing that matters in this life is what we do with the truth of Jesus and how we love others. All else is fleeting and temporary.

Only by asking Jesus IN us to live THROUGH us, can we SEE the way forward. The way forward is always to give thanks.For more on forward living click here and HERE!

Whatever I see, my thoughts are fixed upon. Then my actions will follow. So Lord, help me to see with your Light. I'm asking the Lord to give me His vision. Illumine my vision that I would see without the veil.

Because we've turned to the Lord, the veil was removed. With unveiled faces, we contemplate the Lord's glory. We are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. 2 Corinthians 3:18

I want to see with clarity, like a "man." Reveal to me the hidden things, the secrets, the mystery of Christ.

Now I see in part. Then I shall see fully. 1 Corinthians 13
Image result for i want to see you Lord


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker