Saturday, March 1, 2014

2014 ~ The Year of YES and LESS



I name my years, like this blogger. This year, I chose the Year of YES and LESS. 

Yes because as a Mom, I feel I am always the No. Too messy, too late, too much sugar, too much gluten, too dirty, too wet, too complicated, too much planning. NO. But wouldn't it be nice to surprise my child sometimes with a YES? And wouldn't it feel good too? And to put off the busy-ness and just BE in the moment. What if I was present in the play, the learning, the reading, the teaching...the everyday intentional moments. Then maybe I would never miss the grace, the blessings. 
                                                                                                       I don't want to miss even one.


And Less, because my stuff is getting in the way of my WALK. More than that. My stuff is strangling me. Entrapping me. I know it. And yet, I keep obtaining MORE. Keep wanting more. The product of a hoarder, I grew up keeping. Never purging. You could say I don't know how. My brain works in compartments, catergories. I like to organize things, to put things in their place. But I did learn something. You CAN'T organize when your stuff EXCEEDS your organization space. Organization is only as effective as the capacity of the container. But I can't get the sickness to go away. The need for More. To live simply - is it realistic in this fast food, tweeting world? I think it is. It will take some major renovation.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker